Berkshire Bank celebrated National Volunteer Week (April 16 – 22, 2018) by recognizing 27 employees for their volunteerism in the community, and naming three “top volunteers” through their Volunteer Service X-ellence Awards Program. The annual awards celebrate company employees who have made outstanding contributions to their communities.
The three award recipients were selected based on their strong record of volunteerism to non-profit organizations through both company-supported activities and in individual service to the broader community. Each of the award winners received a $1,000 donation that will be made to the non-profit organization of their choice.
This year’s Volunteer X-ellence Award winners included:
- Jennifer Hunt, Commercial Administrative Assistant in Syracuse, NY. Jen received the Volunteer Service X-ellence award for her leadership and participation in the bank’s corporate volunteer program.
- Scott Holzhauer, AVP Financial Planning in Pittsfield, MA. Scott received the Volunteer Service X-ellence award for his leadership and service in individual volunteer activities outside of his role at the bank.
- Beth Molinero, My Banker in Rutland, VT. Beth received the Volunteer Service X-ellence award for her leadership and service in both company-supported and individual volunteer activities.
In addition to the three Volunteer Service X-ellence Award recipients, Berkshire Bank named 27 employees to their Community Service Honor Roll. Those employees eligible for the Honor Roll completed a minimum of 150 hours of volunteer service in the last calendar year. Honorees included:
- Dawn Adams-Rea: Dorset, VT
- Erin Albert: Lee, MA
- Teddi Averin: Westfield, MA
- Patrick Browne: Burlington, MA
- Ann Ciepiela: Pittsfield, MA
- Carmen Cucinotta: Kingston, NJ
- Lisa Davison: Rome, NY
- Daniel Elias: Pittsfield, MA
- Paul Gershkowitz: Needham, MA
- Valerie Gittens: Hartford, CT
- Vincent Higuera: Pittsfield, MA
- Scott Holzhauer: Pittsfield, MA
- Melissa Hoyt: Manchester Center, VT
- Jennifer Hunt: East Syracuse, NY
- James Kochakian: Methuen, MA
- Nicole Kondziela: Rutland, VT
- Gregg Levante: Pittsfield, MA
- Michelle McMonagle: Blue Bell, PA
- Debra Melle: Pittsfield, MA
- Beth Molinero: Rutland, VT
- Melissa Myers: Pittsfield, MA
- Matthew Nicholl: New Hartford, NY
- Leonard O’Dea: Pittsfield, MA
- Ryan Shorette: West Hartford, CT
- Theresa-Anne Stobb: Manchester Center, VT
- Felix Trinidad: Needham, MA
- Gary Urkevich: Pittsfield, MA
Established in 2008, the XTEAM®, Berkshire Bank’s nationally acclaimed Employee Volunteer Program, helps the bank and employees give back to the communities in which they live and do business. Every company employee receives paid time off to participate in service projects that usually occur during regular business hours. In 2017, 100% of Berkshire Bank’s employees participated in the program. The company recently announced plans to impact one million lives through their volunteer work in 2018.
About Berkshire Bank Foundation
Through foundation grants to nonprofits, scholarships to students, environmental programs, and employee volunteerism, Berkshire Bank is making a difference. Each year the Foundation donates $2 million to nonprofits throughout the Bank’s footprint and 100% of bank employees provide over 40,000 hours of service through their XTEAM® corporate volunteer program. Berkshire Bank was named one of Massachusetts’ Most Charitable Companies by the Boston Business Journal in 2017. To learn more about Berkshire Bank Foundation, visit www.berkshirebank.com/community
About Berkshire Bank
Berkshire Bank, America’s Most Exciting Bank®, is recognized for its entrepreneurial approach, relationship customer experience and distinctive culture. With $11.6 billion in assets, Berkshire provides business and consumer banking, mortgage, wealth management, investment and insurance services through 114 full service branch offices, including Commerce Bank, a division of Berkshire Bank, in Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut, Vermont, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Berkshire Hills Bancorp (NYSE: BHLB) is the parent of Berkshire Bank. To learn more, visit www.berkshirebank.com, call 800-773-5601 or follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Berkshire Bank is the official bank of NESN’s Boston Bruins coverage and the community partner of Boston Seasons at City Hall Plaza.