The Business of: Cannabis
Answer our Cannabis Poll Question here.
The MIDJersey Chamber of Commerce will host The Business Of: Cannabis, a forum highlighting the opportunities and obstacles in the potential $1.3 billion market in the Garden State.
With the election of Phil Murphy and the promise of $300M in tax revenue, New Jersey is going “full steam ahead” towards the legalization of the recreational use of marijuana. Senate President Steve Sweeney said his goal was to pass legislation within 100 days of Murphy’s administration.
This forum will focus on the business in this exciting, emerging industry that faces unique issues—especially while the consumption of marijuana remains prohibited at the federal level. This event will explore how New Jersey businesses can capitalize on this emerging industry while navigating the constantly evolving matrix of State compliance regulations.
The following topics will be discussed:
- Setting up your business: What are the financial and legal requirements?
- Securing cannabis cultivation and dispensary licenses
- Employment law issues
- Liability and risk issues
- Working with state and local officials to secure a location
RILEY COTE Founder, Hemp Heals Foundation; Member Athlete for CARE; Former Philadelphia Flyer
SCOTT RUDDER President, New Jersey Cannabusiness Association (Moderator)
PETER F. KELLY Partner, Fox Rothschild LLP
STACEY D. UDELL Director of Valuation and Litigation Services, HbK Valuation Group
GEORGE SCHIDLOVSKY Executive Director, Compassionate Sciences ATC
DAVID BERNDT VP Marketing, Nottingham Insurance
- 7:45 – 8:45 AM Registration and Breakfast
- 8:45 – 9:15 AM Keynote Address
- 9:15 – 10:00 AM Panel Discussion: How to Build a Viable and Sustainable Cannabis Business
- 10:30 – 11:00 AM Questions & Answers
Document Depot (#17398)