Member Benefit: Supervisory Skills for New Supervisors
Exclusive Member-Only Professional Development Workshops are back, and available exclusively to MIDJersey Chamber member at no-cost.
This course will prepare front line workers to assume leadership roles in various departments across the organization. They will learn how their roles will change, about management’s expectations for new leaders, how to better understand their responsibilities in this new role, the importance of clear and direct communication, strategies for dealing with and diffusing conflict, how to give feedback and offer constructive criticism, how to deal with difficult employees and more.
Benefits to Participants
• Create a favorable first impression with your staff
• Pinpoint what motivates your direct reports and co-worker
• Effectively track work status, direction and skills
• Delegate the right work to the right person at the right time
• Recognize and identify needs and issues
• Avoid career damaging pitfalls in the critical first few months
• Clarify your supervisors expectations and establish
What You Will Cover
• Define your role as a manager and identify how that role differs from other roles you have had.
• Understand the management challenge and the new functions of management.
• Discover how you can prepare for and embrace the forces of change.
• Identify ways to get you and your workspace organized and get a jump on the next crisis.
• Identify your leadership profile and explore ways to use this knowledge to improve your success as a manager.
• Enhance your ability to communicate with others in meetings and through presentations.
• Create an action plan for managing your career success.
Each class is limited to a maximum of 20 participants. All of the workshops will take place at the MIDJersey Chamber office. Only Chamber members in good-standing are eligible to attend. A full course list is available online.
Mercer Institute, a division of Mercer County Community College, provides businesses and organizations with customized training and development programs. Visit www.mercerinstitute.com for more information