TRENTON – Due to high demand in early voting, the Office of the Mercer County Clerk, the County Superintendent of Elections and the County Board of Elections have extended their hours for Vote-by-Mail processing and have added a second location for registered voters to receive and drop off their ballots for the upcoming election, as they did in the 2008 and the 2012 Presidential Elections.
EXTENDED HOURS FOR VOTE BY MAIL / TWO LOCATIONS:
- The new office of the Mercer County Clerk at 240 West State Street, Seventh Floor in Trenton.
- The Joyce McDade Administration Building at 640 South Broad Street, Room 103 in Trenton.
- Tuesday, October 18, 2016 from 8:30am to 7pm
- Sunday, October 30, 2016 from 10am to 3pm
- Wednesday, November 2, 2016 from 8:30am to 7pm
- Thursday, November 3, 2016 from 8:30am to 7pm
- Saturday, November 5, 2016 from 9am to 1pm
- Sunday, November 6, 2016 from 10am to 3pm
* Board of Elections office will be open one half hour later for ballot drop off.
- LAST DAY TO RECEIVE VOTE-BY-MAIL BALLOT: Monday, November 7, 2016 from 8:30am to 3pm.
The Mercer County Superintendent of Elections and Board of Elections are located on the first floor of 612 South Broad Street. The County Clerk’s special satellite office is located in 640 South Broad Street, Trenton. These buildings are attached so that everything can be done in one visit. Sheriff’s officers will be on-site to provide direction and security for all locations.
Election Day is Tuesday, November 8. Polls are open from 6:00 a.m. through 8:00 p.m. for voters preferring to cast their ballot on conventional voting machines at their designated poling locations. These polling locations can be found on sample ballots.
For election questions regarding ballots and deadlines, please call the Elections Office of the Mercer County Clerk at (609) 989-6495.